If you’re an existing client of Absolute Label Services, you can find all resources & specifications for digital releases below:
What files do you require to release my music?
In order to release your music on Digital Service Platforms (DSPs), we require the following:
- The completed Metadata
- Mastered Audio Files
Download the metadata template:
- Click here to download the Absolute Metadata Submission Form
- Send the completed metadata to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Got questions about metadata? Email Us
Submit Your Lyrics:
- Click here to submit lyrics for your tracks
- We will also accept clearly labelled Word documents emailed to email@example.com
- Currently, iTunes/Apple Music is the only major DSP accepting lyric submissions. All other DSPs aggregate lyrics from third party lyrics suppliers.
What format should my artwork be & how do I send you it?
- RGB Colour Mode
- 1:1 Aspect Ratio (Square)
- 4000×4000 pixels
- 300DPI (if possible)
- Please email your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC your label manager
What format should my audio be & how do I send you it?
- 44.1kHz (Minimum)
- 16 Bit (Minimum)
- Please zip files into an archive and upload your audio here, ensuring that the zipped file is clearly labeled
- To zip a file on macOS: Select all files, right-click, then click Compress…
- To zip a file on Windows: Select all files, right-click, then click Send to… and choose Compressed folder
- Alternatively please send via WeTransfer or your preferred upload partner to email@example.com
Need to deliver a video to Apple?
- Please fill out the metadata form and mark the asset as a video in the “Track Type” column
- Please send the following information to your video director/producer
- Encode using Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) codec
- Frame Dimensions: 1920×1080
- Frame Rate: Minimum 23.98 frames per second
- Data Rate: Between 80mbps – 220mbps
- 16 or 24 bit
- Little Endian
- Upload your video file(s) here
- Please note that all videos require additional encoding at point of delivery, so as long as your video file is HD we will likely be able to work with it
- We require a 4 week lead time on video submissions due to iTunes’ strict criteria and quality assurance process
What if I have Mastered For iTunes (MFIT) Masters?
- Please send the 24 Bit mastered WAV files
- Be sure to inform us the audio meets MFIT requirements
- If submitting Mastered For iTunes files, please send 24 bit masters & inform us which accredited Mastering House/Engineer worked on the project
- Please follow the above instructions on zipping & delivering these files to us
Still want to know more?
If you have any further questions please contact your label manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org