When delivering your music to Digital Platforms, each store has its own way of categorising content. To ensure your release is in the right category here is our simple guide for your understanding.
Your release will be classified as a single if:
- The release is 1-3 tracks.
- The entire release is 30 minutes or less
- All individual tracks are less than 10 minutes.
Please note that iTunes/Apple Music will insert “- Single” in the release title if not already mentioned.
For a release to be considered an EP, it must meet one of the following two requirements:
- The release has a total of 1-3 tracks, one or more of the tracks is/are 10 minutes or longer and entire release is less than 30 minutes.
- The release has a total of 4-6 tracks and the entire release is less than 30 minutes.
If your release meets the above requirements and you do not have “- EP” in the title of the release, iTunes will automatically insert “- EP” in the title when delivering your release to the store.
Your release will be classified as an album if:
- The release with 7 or more tracks
- The release that has 1- 6 tracks but is over 30 minutes