Animating your album artwork, creating 2D or 3D graphics or filming a short video sequence, there’s no rulebook here, you’re free to create and express yourself artistically. Here are some pointers to help you make the most of Canvas.
- Be Unique
- If you’re releasing an album or EP don’t use the same Canvas for all of your songs. Create unique content for each track. Perhaps use this as an opportunity to tell a story across your release.
- Tell Your Fans
- When you update your Canvas let your fans know on social media. Use this as an opportunity to bring fans to your release on Spotify.
- Update Your Canvas
- Your Canvas can be updated as often as you wish. Uploading a new Canvas can be a way to get fans to reconnect with your campaign down the line, in turn increasing streams on your artist catalogue.
- Check The Stats
- You can see the performance of your Canvas on the ‘Music’ page in Spotify for Artists.
- Ratio: 9:16
- Height: At least 720px
- Length: 3 secs – 8 secs
- File Format: MP4 or JPG only
- Note that on some taller devices the left and right edges of your Canvas will be cropped – keep these clear of key content.
- In addition your Canvas must be legally compliant, appropriate for Spotify and not include promotional content. More about this here.
Canvas is available via Spotify for Artists. Just visit any song page to add Canvas to your existing releases. Got a new song coming out soon? No problem! You can add Canvas from the ‘Music > Upcoming’ page in Spotify for Artists.
For more information on Canvas visit Spotify’s dedicated microsite: canvas.spotify.com.