What do you need to do?
- Artist Page Admins can click on any of the notifications Facebook sent you by email or when you’re logged into your Facebook profile.
- Facebook must receive approval before PMVs are published to an artist’s Page.
- If you don’t see the option to Opt In yet, don’t worry! Facebook is gradually making the option available to all Artist Pages throughout July, so please keep checking back regularly.
- If you/your artist(s) take no action, PMVs will live on a separate official music Page that will be titled [Artist Name] – Official Music, generated by Facebook. PMVs will still be available to Facebook users via the Watch tab and via Facebook’s new PMV destination, however, PMVs delivered to a Facebook generated page are unlikely to receive the same level of engagement as those that land on the Artist’s official Facebook Page.
When and where is Facebook PMV launching?
- Merlin recently renegotiated a new Facebook deal for members which includes rights for full-length PMV (official music videos, lyric videos, etc.) in the United States.
- Outside of the United States and apart from China, PMV clips of up to (30) seconds have been licensed across all Facebook Properties. *
- The target launch for PMV on Facebook is August 1, 2020.
*Facebook Properties include Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Oculus, Portal and all other wholly owned (and/or controlled) and operated properties integrated with such services (by way of example Lasso, IGTV, SparkAR and MicDrop) but excluding WhatsApp.
Other useful information about Facebook PMV:
- A current Admin for the Artist Page is required to grant access and Opt In.
- After approval is received the artist’s full music video catalogue can be published to the Music Videos section within the Videos tab on the Page.
- Catalogue PMVs will not be published to the artist’s Page timeline, but new posts will be automatically generated on their Page timeline for new releases.
- If you or anyone else on your team has an Admin role on an artist’s Page, you will have the ability to edit PMV posts and metadata.
We’ll continue to keep you updated with new information as we receive it, so please stay tuned for further news from us about Facebook PMV in the coming weeks.