Absolute Label Services, powered by Utopia, is seeking a Digital Product Coordinator with a passion for music and tech to join our growing team.
A Utopia Music company, Absolute Label Services is one of the most established label services companies in the world. It has a proven track record of powering successful campaigns and providing routes to market for a wide range of independent artists, managers and labels. The company’s diverse client base ranges from developing talent such as Jake Isaac, edbl and Au/Ra to household names including Kaiser Chiefs, Alesha Dixon and McFly. Our dedicated team is the backbone of our world-class service and we’re currently looking for the newest member of the Absolute family.
A Digital Product Coordinator will work in our Digital department and also alongside various in-house departments. Providing a first-class service to our eclectic roster of labels and artists, the Digital Product team delivers thousands of digital releases to DSPs each year and maintains the Absolute catalogue across all platforms.
Reporting to the Digital Product Manager, you will be ensuring release assets and metadata are accurate and complete. Maintaining compliance with our partners to ensure content is delivered to platforms as scheduled, with meticulous attention to detail. An ability to multi-task and impeccable organisational skills, you will be passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
What does a Digital Product Coordinator at Absolute Label Services do?
- Request metadata approvals from labels.
- Scheduling and building releases using our in-house system Absolute Project.
- Release quality control and delivery success checks.
- Troubleshooting delivery failures.
- Issuing updates to release metadata.
- Responding to queries from label managers and clients, escalating issues to the Digital Product Manager where needed.
- Music rights management tasks at YouTube, Meta, and SoundCloud.
- Using Spotify for Artists, iTunes Connect, Amazon Music for Artists, Deezer Backstage
- Creating and updating in-house smart links for our releases.
Please note that this is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities. As the business grows and adapts to changes in the music industry and your own skills, the role will deviate from this document and develop.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
We’re keen to help someone take their first steps into the music industry; therefore, we are looking for the following.
• A passion for music.
• Highly organised and driven.
• Either university educated / equivalent, or non-university educated with entry-level experience in the relevant role.
• A fast-learner able to understand complex technical systems.
• Excellent communication skills, and able to convey technical issues to non-technical staff members and clients.
• Adaptable and able to use their initiative.
• Proficient in Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
• Strong attention to detail.
How to Apply
Please email your CV (or equivalent) to email@example.com referencing the job title ‘Digital Product Coordinator’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Friday 17th February 2023. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a videocall interview.
What we’ll give you:
- A salary of £22,000pa.
- Hybrid working (our office is in Wimbledon, London).
- 20 bookable days of paid annual leave, in addition to bank holidays and the Christmas period.
- Private medical insurance and health plan.
- Continuous courses and training covering both your immediate role and the wider music industry.
This is full-time role. Typical office hours are Monday to Thursday 09:30 – 18:00 and on Fridays, we finish at 17:00.
You’re welcome to apply to any of our roles regardless of your race, gender, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or parental responsibility. We are open to making reasonable adjustments to both the job spec and interview process to be fully inclusive and you’re welcome to let us know about these at any point during the recruitment process or in your initial CV email.