Empowering artists and labels is in the DNA of what we do here at Absolute. Our market leading approach supports clients releasing their music in the independent sector whilst allowing them to maintain full control of their copyrights. Our dedicated team is the backbone of our world-class service and we’re currently looking for the newest member of the Absolute family.
What We’re Looking For
The Digital team delivers thousands of digital releases to DSPs each year and maintains the Absolute catalogue across all platforms. We’re looking for a new Digital Coordinator to join the team to assist with digital production and retail marketing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Requesting metadata approvals from labels.
- Scheduling and building releases using our in-house system Absolute Project.
- Release quality control and delivery success checks.
- Troubleshooting delivery failures.
- Issuing updates to release metadata.
- Responding to queries from label managers and clients, escalating issues to the Digital Production Manager where needed.
- Music rights management tasks at YouTube, Meta and SoundCloud.
- Using Spotify for Artists, iTunes Connect, Amazon Music for Artists, Deezer Backstage and Tidal to update artist profiles for releases.
- Submitting release pitch information to editorial teams at DSPs.
- Creating and updating Slinky smart links for our releases.
Please note that this is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities. As the business grows and adapts to changes in the music industry and your own skills, the role will develop and evolve.
Skills and Experience
We’re keen to help someone take their first steps into the music industry; therefore, we are looking for the following.
- A passion for music.
- Highly organised and driven.
- Either university educated / equivalent, or non-university educated with entry-level experience in a relevant role.
- A fast-learner able to understand complex technical systems.
- Excellent communication skills, and able to convey technical issues to non-technical staff members and clients.
- Adaptable and able to use their initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Intermediate Excel / Google Sheets skills.
- Valid YouTube Certifications in any or all of the following modules: Content Ownership, Asset Monetisation, Music Rights Management, and Music Assessment
- Able to read and understand XML or other programming languages.
What We’ll Give You
- A salary of £20,000pa.
- Hybrid working with at least one office day per-week (our office is in Wimbledon, London).
- 20 bookable days of paid annual leave, in addition to bank holidays and the Christmas period.
- Continuous courses and training covering both your immediate role and the wider music industry, including copyright law and marketing.
How to Apply
Please email your CV (or equivalent) to email@example.com referencing the job title ‘Digital Coordinator’ in the subject line. You do not need to provide a cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Friday the 25th February 2022. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a videocall interview.
You’re welcome to apply to any of our roles regardless of your race, gender, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or parental responsibility. We are open to making reasonable adjustments to both the job spec and interview process to be fully inclusive and you’re welcome to let us know about these at any point during the recruitment process or in your initial CV email.